Visit the New Worldmapper
You are currently viewing the Worldmapper Archive. Don't miss our new website by going to the following URL: - Rediscover the world as you've never seen it before!


Search for a map:

< Previous Map

Female Managers

Map No. 133

Open PDF poster

Next Map >

In 2001 there were 130 million women in managerial and professional jobs. Such jobs include being senior officials, legislators and technical workers. Those managers shown on this map are women earning the equivalent of more than US$ 32 000. Worldwide women make up 41% of all managers, male managers make up the remaining 59%.

The most female managers live in North America and Western Europe. Very few female managers live in Northern Africa, Central Africa, Southeastern Africa and the Middle East. Note that the terms ‘manager’ and ‘professional’ relate to income rather than simply job title.

"The creation of more role models will bring more women into senior management ..." Lalita Gupte, 2005

Territory size shows the proportion of worldwide work force of female managers that work there.

PDF poster
Open PDF poster
population map Open Population Map for comparison

| Articles | Data | FAQ | News | RSS |

Sheffield University Logo University of Michigan Logo
The Geographical Association Logo
Center for the Study of Complex Systems logo Society of Cartographers logo
The Leverhulme Trust Logo